Wednesday, May 2, 2012




So when I was about 22 I wanted to start my own business. I've always been a great cook (apparently I inherited it from several great cooks in my family) and people have always raved about the food I made. So naturally I wanted to do something with my talents. But of course I could not afford to open up my own restaurant, and the thing that came to mind was: why not get a food truck? But I was young and broke (I still am... broke that is NOT young) and long story short although I went through all the planning, research and even applied for a license. I wasn’t able to pull it off  :( But it always stayed in the attic space of my mind and I always hoped to really make it happen someday. So now that I have bored you all to death with my story. You will come to understand my total and complete obsession with the recent food truck craze that has hit our city! I will admit that it is partly jealousy that these suckers stole MY idea of gourmet food on a truck... Ughhh!! But mostly I love food as all you do, and love all the tasty options. Go and check some out for yourselves and tell me how you like them.  And you can start this Cinco de Mayo when the DC Food Truck Association is holding Curbside Cookoff: Trucko De Mayo at RFK stadium!  Open from 11:30am-9pm in lot #3 (closest to the Metro station), this Curbside Cookoff features free admission, free parking, live music, two bars, and more than 40 food trucks.

 Also here is the best way to find them: http://foodtruckfiesta.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment